Skip to main content

Malacañang stops posting appointment papers of Duterte officials

In an article written by Pia Ranada on Rappler:


In another blow to transparency, the Palace leaves it up to officials whether or not to disclose their government appointment 

President Rodrigo Duterte's Malacañang has, for months, stopped proactively making public the appointment papers of new government officials. 

Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque confirmed there was such a policy on Thursday, September 3, during a virtual press briefing. 

"Before, we’d post it. Now our policy in the OPS (Office of the Presidential Spokesperson) is it's up to the official to post it if they want. We just have to confirm if an appoinment has been made," said Roque. 

He was being asked to confirm if former National Bureau of Investigation chief Dante Gierran has been issued appointment papers because Gierran, said earlier on Thursday that he had not received them yet. 

The policy taking away proactive disclosure of appointments apparently came from Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea. 

"It was the Executive Secretary [who] said that it's enough that we confirm appointments. We don't have to post appointment papers," said Roque. 

The rule was introduced sometime from October 2018 to April 2020, when Roque had not yet returned as Duterte spokesman. 

Roque insisted that despite the rule, Malacañang still lives up to Duterte's vow of transparency. 

"Well, there is still transparency because we confirm appointments but because the appointment paper is addressed to the appointee, it's up to the appointee if they want to publicize it," said Roque in Filipino.



---

General thoughts:

This really has something to do with government's transparency with the people that gets appointed an given power, which makes it questionable. It also lacks proper justification as to how the selection process is done, including what makes them qualified to take the job. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of ex-military officials being elected into several government offices even if they have no experience in doing the job, just like the case of how the story and corruption in PhilHealth is going. Is this an act to secretly help his friends get richer? When its the government who should be championing transparency and governance, it looks to me that they are the last one to really even consider this. Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Spectacular Grades from School

This article wasn't my idea actually. Here are just realizations of what's the best way to get good grades and how to have a full long-term memory rather than having a sensory motor or short-term memory. Advices are made by our very own writer from the Philippines, Ms. Jessica Zafra. Ewan ko ba kung natagpuan nya na ang tinitibok ng puso nya. haha. what i know is that matalino siya. start na tayo? Ok, ganito yan, to others, nagsisimula na ang kalbaryo ng buhay eskwela, to others sa june 13 pa. sa iba naman ewan ko. Since school year 2006-2007 has already begun, pressure to many students also come along. Hectic schedules, a lot of assignments, stupid projects and all causes insanity that ithers just freak then shout loudly to the class: "Ayaw ko na!!! I drop this subject! I can't stand you anymore!!!" In that case you will all need this good tips given by her. UNCUT VERSION (no add-ons) "How to get ridicoulously good grades in school and move on to a glorious

Irony of a False Love

Isn’t it stupid that we allow a person whom we barely know and whom we just met to destroy the fruits of our past and to dictate our future by investing all our emotions in the belief that he/she can provide the happiness that we would need to last our lifetime? Isn’t it amazing how society can make us believe that we can leave the very people who have molded us into who we are just for this certain “special someone”? Isn’t it ironic how almost everyone subject themselves to emotional anxiety and pains in search of what they call ‘LOVE’, when in fact, nobody can even provide a single (and universally accepted) definition of this word, when nobody can guarantee an end when the journey begins? It only hurts when I’m awake. In my dreams you love me more. You let me hold you for as long as I want to and you never let go or back away from me. You let me kiss you in public no matter how passionate or sensual that kiss may be. You listen to everything I have to say even if they don’t mean j

Random 101

Inspired. No. I am not in love. Let's just say that I got inspired with what my mother told me. They are actually creepy stories and I can't believe that my father will be able to do such thing when I was a child. Even though our set of businesses are starting to fall one by one, he still managed to provide everything that i want. If only I know what is happening that time, I should've not tolerated him. The story my mother told me made me cry and it gave me the determination to push even harder. I know they expected a lot from me about taking up a business-related course and i failed them. But i'll prove them wrong. I reserved something better for them. And won't fail them this time. Not even a little. I won't tell what that creepy story was. I just want to remember that i got inspired with what my mother told me. When I look at this entry after some long years, still, I will remember what that creepy story was. Love. In relation to the first part, I just real